Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a student from Australia who used to have a lot of time on her hands but doesn't have that much anymore. Now she has other stuff on her hands.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Once

Sometimes, I can spend days questioning who I am. Not Ghandi, philosophical-esque, The Thinker pondering. Rather, thinking about my motivations.

There's an episode of Gilmore Girls in which Lorelai wonders if her whole life, all her life choices, were based on a desire to displease her mother. Did she actually like all the crap she liked or was it just to piss of her mum? Did she ever even like pop-tarts?

Right now, I'm thinking if this is really me: someone who writes about this shit or am I just trying to appear intellectual and philosophical?

Most of my "opinions" really just stem from me arguing with people for the sake of arguing. The worst victim of this is Little Mishelle. I will basically argue with her about anything she thinks because I can't help myself. Once, she asked me who I would vote for in the 2007 election, labour or liberal? Obviously, I knew she would vote labour. I told her I was unsure even thought I knew 100% I would never vote for liberal in my life (based on both my parents' beliefs and general assumptions and preconceptions about everything and the world). I told her this anyway just to argue with her or to say the opposite of what she thought.

Kim's also a pretty bad victim of this. In year nine society & environment, we were talking about terrorism. Rodic asked for a definition for terrorism and we were to discuss it in pairs. Kim said that she thought terrorism was the act of causing fear. I said I didn't think so even though, as I was saying this, I distinctly remembered this exact definition being said in year seven society & environment. I knew the definition was right. I don't even know why I said I didn't think it was right.

I have no opinions of my own.

J

No comments: